Microsoft Project Courses Brisbane
Learn Microsoft Project
Learn the Effective Way to Use MS Project
Successful Projects’ comprehensive 1-day or 2-day project management courses in Brisbane will help you learn how to use Microsoft Project effectively. You’ll learn how to create schedules, track progress and resources, and manage tasks for any project in any industry.
Choose project management courses that best matches YOUR learning styleJOIN IN FROM ANY LOCATION ACROSS BRISBANE OR THROUGHOUT QUEENSLAND
Microsoft Project Management Courses Brisbane
Successful Projects offers Microsoft Project management courses in Brisbane that are perfect for students of all skill levels. Students located in Brisbane can take courses that suit their needs and skill level, whether they’re beginners or experts who want to brush up on their skills. Successful Projects offers four different types of Microsoft Project courses, each with its benefits. Whether you prefer an online course that allows you to learn at your own pace or an onsite course with face-to-face instruction, you’re sure to find a course that meets your needs. With Successful Projects, you can be confident that you’re getting the best training available and will be able to effectively utilise Microsoft Project in your projects.
Microsoft Project Classes Available
- Internet access
- Computer with Microsoft Project installed
- Second Monitor with Speakers and Microphone
Interactive Session. Questions can be asked during the training
Construction Training Rebates Available!Work with a real life project that includes Scoping (Tasks), Resourcing and Costing
Brisbane 1-Day Microsoft Project Management Comprehensive Course
Is this the right MS Project management course for me?
Looking for comprehensive project management courses in Brisbane that will teach you all the essentials? The Microsoft Project training course in Brisbane covers all the core skills you need to get started with developing project schedules, including how to create and manage tasks, resources and timelines. You will also learn how to track progress and monitor critical project milestones. By the end of the course, you will have the confidence to use Microsoft Project effectively to manage your own projects. The course is designed for beginners, so it is perfect for those who are new to using this essential tool for managing projects.
How to Navigate around Microsoft Project
- An overview of how Microsoft Project is structured and organised.
- Broaden your understanding of the various areas in the software and how the areas relate to each other with project management courses that cover everything; increase fluency and confidence with the software.
Detailed Planning Approach
- Develop a project program that includes Scoping (Tasks) and Resourcing of a real-life project. We have designed a project schedule that follows a logical and effective planning approach to account for all the various aspects you may encounter when developing your programme schedules.
- The aim is to demonstrate the approach to Scoping / Resourcing / Costing your project.
Analysing and communicating your plan
- Build on the schedule developed in module 2 to demonstrate how the to use filtering, grouping and reports to review the schedule and communicate project requirements to their team.
- Learn how to communicate your plan clearly to clients, the team and management.
- Identify who does what and when
- Prepare reports including Milestone reports, Lookaheard reports, Cashflow reports, Summary level reports.
Resourcing the Program
- Assign work and materials to the project to develop a fully resourced schedule. This will outline the manning and material requirements of the project.
- Learn how to manage your resources optimally. Identify exactly where resources are over-allocated and how to resolve resource allocation issues.
The Project Critical Path
- We identify the project Critical Path, explain the relevance and how to use it to better manage your project.
- We further develop detail / new sections in the plan to refresh the approach. We take a look at Project look a-heads; Who does what and when; Manning levels and Program analysis.
How to Track Progress accurately
- We demonstrate correct Tracking techniques for recording actual progress. This will keep the program accurate and relevant and relevant.
- Setup for Tracking – we demonstrate how to set up and track progress accurately;
- Tracking actual scenarios. We use the existing schedule to record progress based on changing scenarios.
- Prepare a calendar and assignment to the project. This exercise is to familiarise the participants with how the calendar works and how it is applied to the project.
Formatting and Printing
- We format and prepare the plan for printing, insert company logos, setup project information in your header and footer. We produce a standard template to presenting project information.
Build own Project Schedules
- Build your own project using the skills and procedures taught. Gain assistance and develop a functional project program for your current project.
- This time your opportunity to apply their new knowledge to start / or improve their project plans. Gain answers from the trainer to address specific issues and questions.
Brisbane 2-Day Microsoft Project Management Course
Looking to become a project management powerhouse? Project management courses are designed for participants with little to no experience using Microsoft Project. This two-day Brisbane course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of how to use Microsoft Project. The course begins with an overview of the software, covering the basics of how to create and manage projects. It then moves on to an Extension Course which covers more advanced topics, Throughout the course, participants will have the opportunity to put what they have learned into practice on real-world projects. By the end of the course, participants will have a thorough understanding of how to use Microsoft Project to its full potential.
Includes 1-Day Microsoft Project Comprehensive course PLUS
Complete own Project Schedules
- Re-examine your Project programs in detail, and get additional help to finalise them. Update, test and optimise your project plan.
- Learn when your Project program is ready to be put into action. During this time, we lay out the strategy to make it easy to work on the plan and demonstrate how to conduct our Integrity check to thoroughly review the plan for completeness..
- Our approach will provide you with the confidence to lock in and commence the execution of your project plan.
How to structure more Complex Programs for Reporting
- For complex projects such as Contract schedules, which require more detail and accuracy, we provide a recommended outline and structure to detail your program.
- Learn how to keep a detailed project program simple and easy to read and communicate to others.
- How to report your project progress including Earned Value, Manning Histograms and Percent Complete. Identify and report schedule slippage.
How to customise Microsoft Project to suit your specific purpose
- We’ll show you how customise fields in Microsoft Project to tailor the program towards your business. For example,
- How to incorporate Company Assets into the project schedule or;
- How to produce Costed schedules for Quotation purposes; or
- Create your own Filters to Improve your Productivity and gain more Fluency with the software.
Good modelling techniques
- Learn how to model tasks with long duration to keep it easy to track and monitor progress.
Manage and Analyse Multiple Projects
- We incorporate your entire knowledge of building project plans and insert multiple projects into one Master Project. In this way, we can Analyse and Manage Multiple Projects across your organisation, create a combined resource pool and review your total projects requirements or whole of business requirements.
- Analyse your projects. Identify any Project Constraints, Resource Quantities, Task and Resource Costs, Project Work requirements and man-hours.
- Prepare more complex calendars and assign to the project. This exercise will demonstrate the strategies in creating complex calendars for Rosters, FIFO Night Shifts, Shutdowns, 24hrs.This knowledge will assist to manage individual issues you may encounter with your projects.
- Tracking is a very important function for keeping your project up to date and relevant at all times. We revisit the process taught the previous day to ensure we lock in the correct tracking process. Additionally, we’ll demonstrate recording Variations, Changes and Delays in your project and how to substantiate the impact of Changes and Delays to the project.
- This module is particularly important to demonstrate Delays and EOTs (Extensions of Time).
2-DAY MICROSOFT PROJECT MANAGEMENT COURSE EXTENSION
Get Professional Advice From A Project Expert
Upcoming LIVE Virtual Classroom Training DatesOur MS Project Classes are available all throughout Australia.
Microsoft Project (1-Day MS Project Course)
Comprehensive Project Management Courses Perth Darwin Geraldton Kalgoorlie Cairns Canberra
Classroom & Live Virtual
Feb 19 Darwin
Feb 22 Darwin
Mar 21 Geraldton
Apr 18 Kalgoorlie
May 30 Cairns
JUN 20 Canberra
Held in Perth unless stated
Microsoft Project (2-Day MS Project Course)
Comprehensive & Extension Project Management Courses Perth Darwin Geraldton Kalgoorlie Cairns Canberra
Classroom & Live Virtual
2024 (THU & FR)
Jan 11 & 12
Feb 8 & 9
Feb 19 & 20 Darwin
Feb 22 & 23 Darwin
Mar 14 & 15
Mar 21 & 22 Geraldton
Apr 11 & 12
Apr 18 & 19 Kalgoorlie
May 9 &10
May 30 & 31 Cairns
Jun 13 & 14
JUN 20 & 21 Canberra
Jul 11 & 12
Aug 8 & 9
Sep 12 & 13
Oct 10 & 11
Nov 7 & 8
Dec 5 & 6
Held in Perth unless stated
We offer Microsoft Project In-house & Onsite Training for:
- Microsoft Project Comprehensive Course (MS Project course)
- Microsoft Project Extension course
- Regional WA - Groups of 10+
- Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin - Groups of 10+
Construction Training Rebates:
The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry in WA. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
- Self Paced Microsoft Project Training Videos to help you master project management in no time
- Step-by-Step Training for over 5 hours
- Complete set of Manuals with Screenshots and Illustrations
- Advanced Approach and Strategies in Tracking and Updating Projects
- Learn how to use Microsoft Project to create robust, successful project program
- Team of experts to assist and support you