Primavera P6 Training Perth2 day Fundamentals Training Courses
Upcoming P6 Training Dates 2020
PERTH Oct 22 & 23
PERTH Nov 19 & 20
PERTH Dec 17 & 18
Small Group Training
This 2 Day Primavera P6 Fundamentals Course is designed to give you hands-on practical experienceBy the end of the course, you will be ready to use P6 in your workplace!
What will you learn?You will understand the structure and components of P6, you will be able to develop your own project schedules, track and update programs, prepare reports and be ready to use P6 in your workplace
Day 1 - P6 Fundamentals Training
1. Primavera P6 Project Management Overview
- An overview of how Primavera P6 is structured and organised
2. Understand the Global Components of P6
- Enterprise Project Structure (EPS)
- Organisational Breakdown Structure (OBS)
- Global Calendars & Project Calendars
3. Build a Project Schedule from Scratch
- Follow a logical and concise approach to building a schedule.
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Actvities, Relationships & Scheduling
4. Critical Path Analysis
- Understand how to check the Critical Path is correct
5. Assigning Roles, Resources & Costs
2-DAY PRIMAVERA P6 FUNDAMENTALS TRAINING
Day 2 - P6 Fundamentals Training
6. Understand Use of Constraints
7. Formatting Bars & Layouts
8. Baseline the Program
9. Monitor and Maintain the Project Schedule
10. Grouping and Filtering Data
- Project Codes and Values
- Activity Codes and Values
11. Tracking Progress using Different Scenarios
12. Prepare Reports
- Project Look Aheads
- Critical Path
- Resource Histogram
13. Project Utilities
14. Class Exercise
Who Should Attend?
This training is suitable for Beginners to Experienced users of Primavera P6. Our aim is to teach the best industry practices in using P6 as a project management tool
The typical users are:
- Project Managers
- Engineers and Planners
- Trades People wanting to upskill
- Contracts and Claims Support
- Project Risk Managers
- Document Controller
- Support Engineer
- Cost Engineers
Why attend P6 Training
- better planning
- better resource management
- improve planning and tracking skills,
- enhance project management skills;
- streamline processes
- increase efficiency;
- professional presence
- better organise trades and materials;
Receive Expert Advice From A Project Professional
Our training professionals base teaching off real project experience.
We have experience in planning and scheduling projects across numerous industries (Construction, Mining, Resources, Engineering). Our specialisation is in construction for Mining Construction, Oil and Gas, Commercial Construction and Shutdown Planning. Our experienced P6 trainers have the ability to breakdown the complexity of P6 into clear and logical steps using real case industry examples
What is Primavera P6?
Over the years, the demand for accurate and reliable planning has increased. Project Teams are feeling the pressure of having to execute well. Projects can be reactive with ever changing design and scope. Businesses are wanting to be proactive and have projects delivered efficiently. Executives want more project visibility while distributed teams desire a more round-the-clock collaboration. This means that the project and program managers of today need a tool that can deliver an accurate project insight to help them reach their budget and schedule commitments.
This is where Primavera P6 comes in. Primavera P6 allows project-driven organisations to better manage their projects and programs ranging from small and simple to large-scale and complex. It helps you make smarter portfolio management decisions by providing real-time, end-to-end visibility across all relevant information. This makes it easier for you to determine if you have the adequate staff members and resources to accomplish the work.
With this tool, you can thoroughly evaluate the risks and rewards associated with a specific project or program. It gives you the collaboration, project management, and control capabilities to successfully deliver projects on time, on budget, and within the desired quality and design. Thanks to its flexible integration capabilities, you can interoperate across the entire enterprise with ease. Primavera has two different versions of its software suite that both offer project management, resource management, and scheduling functionalities. These are:
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (P6 EPPM) - P6 EPPM is known as the web version of Primavera P6. It offers complete functionality of the software and is geared towards larger organizations where the planning and admin work are conducted via a web browser. P6 EPPM is also compatible across Android and iOS devices, making it more flexible than its P6 PPM counterpart.
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management (P6 PPM) - P6 PPM is known as the desktop/client version of Primavera P6 where the planning and admin work are done via a Windows-based laptop. It consists of the Primavera P6 professional client which is installed into your PC locally and connects to a database.
The main difference is that P6 EPPM is a web-based software while the P6 PPM is a stand-alone app that you load on your PC/laptop. In terms of functionality, they offer similar features, with P6 EPPM being favoured by IT departments for easier distribution while the P6 PPM being favoured by power users due to its responsiveness and stability.
Why choose Primavera P6
There’s a reason why Primavera P6 is the top project management software of choice worldwide. What it does is plan and manage all sorts of complex projects while satisfying the requirements of each team member. The software contains all the necessary tools and features to manage the entire life cycle of a given project. Some of the key features of Primavera P6 are:
- Resource and cost control management
- Risk management
- Contract management
With this tool, organizations can manage their projects successfully, even in today’s unstable economic conditions. Most people think that Primavera P6 is created solely for scheduling purposes. But that could not be further from the truth, as the software is built for more than just creating Gantt charts. Primavera P6 offers high-level project management solutions such as resource leveling, critical path analysis, earned value management, and more.
Let’s take a look at the basic features of Primavera P6:
- Scheduling - Primavera P6 features advanced scheduling solutions where you can create activities under WBS (work breakdown structure) levels. Relationships can be established right in between the activities while the schedule’s critical path can be calculated with the help of the scheduling feature.
- Resource and cost control management - With this feature, you can track the project budget and assign prices, expenses, and unit prices to the activities. It allows project teams to compare the planned cost vs. its actual status and provide insight on the project’s overall performance.
- Risk management - The risk management feature makes it easy for you to identify, prioritize, and assign risks to activities. It also allows you to conduct risk analysis on each project and activity.
- Contract management - Primavera P6’s contract management feature offers advanced document control solutions. You can track requests for information process, submittals, approvals, issues, and changes and their impacts on the project’s schedule.
- Reporting - Primavera P6 also has a reporting feature that allows access to existing reports in its database or create your own custom reports (depending on your needs)
Hands-on Primavera P6 Training in Perth
Primavera P6 is one of the most powerful tools you can use for planning, controlling, and executing your projects. At Successful Projects, our goal is to help you develop your skills in using this software from a basic level all the way up to a competent level. Our course provides a unique learning experience that teaches the skills utilised in our project management consultancy. Our team has extensive experience in planning, scheduling, cost control, estimating, budgeting and resourcing, thus making us highly qualified in teaching you everything you need to know about Primavera P6.
Primavera P6 is used by many industries not just in Australia, but all over the world. It’s become the top software of choice for project, program, and portfolio management for enterprise projects. Because of this, the larger companies prefer their staff to be skilled in using this tool. If you are looking to:
- Advance your career in project management
- Master this well-paid and sought-after skillset
- Have better control of your projects
- Streamline the delivery of projects
- Have access to one of the best training courses in Australia
Then look no further than us. Our courses are designed to help you become proficient with Primavera P6 and make your job much easier. Learn what makes Primavera P6 an amazing project management application.
Learning Primavera P6 with Successful Projects
Primavera P6 is not the most intuitive system out there. In fact, it’s a complex piece of software that requires expert training and advice. Expert training is important if you’re looking to take advantage of what Primavera P6 has to offer and this is where Successful Projects can assist. We break down the learning stage in bite-sized chunks so you can build your knowledge of Primavera P6’s extensive functionality.
Successful Projects teaches the Primavera P6 Professional Project Management (P6 PPM) desktop/client version
You’ll learn how to:
- Schedule projects
- Adjust project schedules
- Execute and control projects
- Improve your knowledge on project management principles
- Assign resources
Examples of the topics included in our courses are:
- Critical path planning (which is crucial for beginners to learn)
- Understand more about this project management technique
- Generating your own closed network
- Exploring forward and backward pass
And here are the course objectives that you will learn with Successful Projects:
- Understanding data structures
- Creating a project
- Creating a work breakdown structure
- Adding activities
- Viewing calendars
- Creating relationships
- Assigning constraints
- Formatting schedule data
- Defining roles and resources
- Optimizing the project plan
- Creating reports
- Executing the project
Successful Projects provides the most comprehensive Primavera P6 training in Perth, with extensive knowledge across each stage of the project’s delivery which includes engineering, procurement, contract management. Sure, there is tons of information about Primavera P6 online, but they may not be as accurate and experienced as we are.
Having access to reliable training courses can be hard to find, but with Successful Projects, you won’t have to look elsewhere. Our courses provide an immersive learning experience to help you develop new skills and master the art of using Primavera P6. These courses have been professionally tailored and designed by industry experts who’ve had great success in using this popular project management software.
If you are interested in learning more about Primavera P6, then we would love to hear from you. Contact us today and let us jump-start your journey on better project planning and management.
Advantages of using Primavera P6
Primavera is nothing new. Its release date goes back to 1983 and since then, the software has undergone changes that make it better and better. It’s no surprise that project professionals, schedulers, engineers, and other people involved in project management love using Primavera P6 because it makes their job so much easier. From manufacturing and electronics to aerospace and information technology, these industries benefit massively.
Here are the main advantages of using Primavera P6:
- minimises project risk and reduces costs associated with schedule overrun
- makes project preparation and project control much easier.
- optimises project management off resources.
- provides clear insight of what’s going on with a particular project.
- allows for quick and easy forecasting associated with WBS’, tasks, and assignments.
- monitor progress and view past period efficiency for credit reporting applications.
- allows for greater communication between companies worldwide.
- simplifies management generation, cost information, and knowledge of schedule.
- break down projects and its activity structure with ease.
- allows for simplified collaboration between assignment users.
- robust graphic output with coloration code bars, stackable fields, and unlimited labels.
- ability to search multiple columns with improved document support and default web page configuration.
- XML importing capabilities that provide precise control on imported global data for a more effective contractor/supplier collaboration.