Project Management Services
Project Management Perth
We believe projects need to well planned, well communicated and provide value for money to the Client.
At Successful Projects, our client side project management services in Perth seek to achieve the best outcomes for the client. We do this through building a detailed roadmap for the “whole of project” to communicate with all stakeholders, whereby the deliverables are set with an agreed timeframe by all parties, and are constantly managed throughout the project, reviewing changes and providing analysis to make informed decisions for the most optimal return on investment. With careful design and implementation, our project management services are designed to deliver on these results.
Successful Projects provides Project Management and Superintendent services in Perth across a range of industries including Construction, Mining, Civil, Health, Government (State and Local) and Residential Developments.
We help organisations reach their project goals by implementing our innovative systems and approach, experience and expertise, that result in successful outcomes for our clients. As one of the top project management consulting firms in Perth, we bring to clients innovative solutions and high quality expertise in our services.
The difference between Successful Projects and other Project Management firms is our project managers are fully supported by the expertise of our internal team of other disciplines. Planning and Services Team; Construction Claims Team, Quality Assurance Team and our certified Quality Management System.
1. Superintendence services – Our Superintendents provide independent Superintendent’s Representative services for construction management projects and have extensive knowledge and experience in Quality and Contracts to support the Principal.
2. Project Planning and Scheduling – We review the Contractor’s program is prepared correctly and updated accurately throughout the project lifecycle. Our Planning team enables our Project Managers to proactively and efficiently advise the Principal the status of the project at all times. This provides benefits to our other project management discipline, including identification of risks and the implementation of mitigation strategies as early as possible.
3. We have an internal Quality Assurance team of construction project managers who provide Clerks of Works and quality assurance, reviews of the construction work, providing support to our Project Managers when managing the quality of the Principal’s deliverables.
4. Our Project Managers have direct support of our expert claims team who review and provide contractual advice on any notices or claims throughout the project, ensuring the PMs can manage the contracts and reliably inform the Principal.
5. Successful Projects is ISO9001 certified for our Quality Management systems in Project Management, Planning and Scheduling and Claims.
Our suite of project management services differ from other project management companies in our direct access to draw on specialist expertise in other knowledge areas to benefit the Principal for the entire project management lifecycle.
What do our Project Management Consultants in Perth do?
As a locally based project management company in Perth we have the added benefit of having a deep understanding of local Perth marketplace and local industry practices. Our team of experienced client side project managers have the knowledge and expertise to provide locally based project management services for commercial projects in Perth and remote regions to assist the Principal to reach their project goals successfully.
Our project management consultancy team assists in the stages of Business Case, Design Management, Tender and Contract Negotiations, Project Execution, Practical Completion and Close out. With a team of some of the best commercial project managers in Perth, we are experienced in Client Side Project Management and execution of the complete project lifecycle.
Our team of Project Managers in Perth assist in business cases, Master planning and Business Case Options programming Design Management. We coordinate all aspects during the design phase including design management, documentation, and procurement of consultants. Facilitating client and consultant meetings, we ensure all stakeholder requirements are captured in each design stage. We prepare whole project programs including design stages, approvals, procurement options, award of construction contract, and handover operations.
Tender and Contract Negotiations
We prepare tender and contract documentation, provide tender management, tender evaluation and recommendations. We provide Clients the opportunity to achieve value savings during a competitive process by assisting with selecting the most suitable Contractor for the project. With extensive industry experience and knowledge, we manage the final negotiations and award of construction project for our Clients.
We develop and implement project management procedures and processes for project delivery:
- Project Initiation (Kick Start) meeting
- Communications management
- Stakeholder management
- Time and Cost management
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management System
- Construction Projects Management
- Contract Administration and Project Superintendence
Practical Completion and Close Out
We assist in the closure of all defects with the main contractor through to final claim:
- Review and confirm closure of all defects with the main contractor
- Defects Inspection and Close-out
- Defects Liability Management
- Final Claim
- Close Out Management
What is Client Side Project Management?
Client-Side Project Managers in Perth
Client Side project management is important for representing the client in delivering the project. Typically, a client is expert with their business but do not have construction expertise. Our Client Side project management team in Perth work to ensure the project and Contractor is aligned to the needs of the Client. We create an environment to manage the success of the project. For example, we review the scope of the Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings for missing items and coordinate with the design team, prior to the issuance to the Contractor. Our proactive approach in project management, combined with our expertise in construction projects creates an environment for the project’s success as Client Side Project Managers, we deliver for the Client.
- We ensure the project and the Contractor are aligned to the needs of the client.
- We manage the design team to the client’s timeframe and to the client’s budget, and ensure the appropriate approvals are sought and received.
- We work with the preferred contractor and the client to value engineer the project.
- We lead the communication with the Contractor on behalf of the client and manage the communication systems.
- We respond to requests for information, change requests and other communications from the project on behalf of the client and manage the resolution of each issue
- We maintain the commercial contract with the Contractor and monitor performance
- We conduct internal reporting to the sponsor and other managers within the client organisation.
Construction Project Management
Why choose our Project Management firm for your Construction Project?
At Successful Projects, our client side project managers are experienced in construction management projects. Our project managers are registered builders, and/or have extensive Construction industry experience. We specialise in providing project management consultancy services for small, medium to complex, large-scale construction projects within the construction industry and we have the skills and experience necessary to bring the construction process to success.
Unlike other construction project management companies, we have the added expertise in construction project software, with the ability to assess the suitability of Contractor’s programs as a worthy tool to manage the project; ability to assess actual progress against reported progress to ensure the integrity of construction Claims; and we bring construction expertise and knowledge to quality assurance checks, in particular with the quality of materials used. Each of our senior Construction Project Managers has between 10 to 20 years of experience in managing construction projects and specific knowledge of the industry in Perth and regional WA. As one of the top construction project managers, we are laser-focused on every aspect of the process to bring you top-quality outcomes for the project.
Construction Project Managers vs Client Side Project Managers Perth
The skills of a construction project manager on the construction site are different to the Client side project manager. A Client-side project manager manages the needs of the Client with the Contractor and the project, and its function is essential for overall construction project success.
If there is no client-side project manager, will the contractor look after the client’s interest? If the project was delayed, will the client need to accept a late project delivery date? If the client made changes to the design, will they need to pay for extra time for contractors to be onsite? Not necessarily.
As one of the construction project management firms specialising in building project management in Perth, our project consultants are highly experienced and knowledgeable in project management for construction projects to provide the right advice for the client.
We understand Contracts
Successful Projects have the skills, knowledge and experience with the preparation and execution a range of contracts:
- AS4000-1997 – Construct Only
- AS2124-1992 – Construct Only
- AS4300-1995 – Design and Construct
- AS4902-2000 – Design and Construct
- GMP Contracts (Guaranteed Maximum Price with Cost Savings)
- MC – Management Contracting
- ECI – Early Contractor Involvement
- Alliance Contracting
Contact Our Project Management Consultancy to Discuss
At our core, we’re all about providing exceptional project management consultancy services to businesses across different sectors in Perth. Our team of professionals is not just highly skilled but also brings valuable experience to the table. We’ll oversee your projects from start to finish, ensuring they align perfectly with your business objectives, guaranteeing an optimal return on your investment. We offer comprehensive project management consultancy services in the following areas:
- Business Case Planning
- Design Management and Contract Documentation Preparation
- Tender and Contract Negotiations
- Construction Projects Management and Superintendence
- Defects Liability
While our Australian head office is based in Perth, we service clients throughout Perth metropolitan area, regional cities in Western Australia and Interstate.
We have serviced clients located in Perth, Albany, Bunbury, Mandurah, Geraldton, Karratha, and in the remotes towns of Collie, Katanning, Merredin, Moora.
Project Management Projects in Perth
Armadale Aquatic Centre
The Armadale Aquatic Centre redevelopment comprise a new indoor 25m x 8 lane pool, Programme Pool, Spa, covered /semi-enclosed Exercise / Leisure Pool, new and extended pool plant, connection with geothermal water heating system for pools and air, equipment and plant room, Change rooms, First Aid, Entry/ Reception, Administration, Kitchen / Kiosk, Staff, Child Minding, Exercise Room, Gymnasium, Meeting Room and external Clubroom/ Storage and Kitchen.
The project also included a new Pool Concourse paving and drainage, works to the spectator seating, re-landscaping and works to the existing car parking, access road and new car park extension, disposal of drainage, lighting, associated amenities and equipment
Successful Projects were appointed Client’s Representative by the City of Armadale as Project Manager and Project Superintendent to deliver this complex major community project. We assisted with the finalisation of project documentation, prepared the contract requirements for the procurement model (GMP and shared savings) and worked with the preferred contractor and the client to value engineer the project.
We superintended the works from award of contract through to practical completion including the current defects liability period. We successfully fulfilled the role to ensure the project was delivered in accordance with the contract. We administered the Contract including assessment of EOT claims, variation claims and certification of payments.
Vivid Blu Apartments
The Vivid Blu Residences in Mindarie is a waterfront development of 26 luxury one, two and three-bedroom apartments, including four two-story penthouses, over three levels.
Successful Projects engagement included Project Manager and Project Superintendent. The role included extensive management and co-ordination of all aspects of the project during the design management, documentation, procurement of consultants, tendering and contract award, construction, equipping and commissioning stages. Successful Projects was engaged to develop procedures for administration, cost reporting, approvals and document circulation; selection, negotiations and agreement of consultant professional services engagements; evaluate all tenders received; issuing of all certificates, ratify any payments required; issue certificates of Practical Completion and final certificates and manage defects liability period.