Project Superintendent Service
Project Superintendent Service
Successful Projects has extensive experience in contract supervisory services on major projects in Health, Construction and Engineering for Local, State and Federal Government agencies.
As the Project Superintendent, we manage the builder (Contractor) to the contract, managing the timeframe and quality of construction, and managing budget through the construction.
We provide Project Superintendent services and act as Superintendent’s Representative for construction projects during the preparation of Contract Documentation, delivery of the project, Practical Completion, Defects Liability Period and Final Completion.
As Superintendent, we are an Independent Certifier and Agent for the Principal. We act fairly and honestly, without delay, and with care.
Our Superintendent services at Contract Documentation Stage
It’s important to align the form of contract and the wording of the contract with the requirements of the project and the Principal. We use our experience to recommend the form of contract and amendments.
- Preparation and review of tender and contract documentation;
- Assist with Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) Contracts, AS2124, AS4000, AS4300, AS4196
- Tender management
- Tender evaluation and provide recommendations
- Assist with Contract negotiations
On award of the Construction Contract, we are intensely involved within the first 30 days of Contract Award, the ongoing management requirement through delivery, Practical Completion and final completion (Defects Liability).
Project Delivery phase:
On award of the Construction Contract, we understand the gravity of the required steps and approvals of the first 30 days from award of Contract for the overall success of the project.
As Agent for Principal
- Perform crucial duties of the Superintendent within the ‘First 30 days‘. These include the checking of security, insurances, site possession, management plans, permits, surveys, OHS, formal contract execution.
- Review construction program to tender preliminaries specifications
- Assess the reliability and integrity of the program prior to approval
- Approval of Sub-Contractors
- Assess the quality of materials and workmanship to ensure they meet contract specifications
- Direct the contractors and employees on behalf of the Principal
- Issue Superintendent instructions and directions
- Issue variation orders where necessary.
As a Certifier
- Valuing work and assess progress claims
- Issue progress certificates
- Assess extensions of time (EOT) claims to
- determine entitlement under the Contract
- assess impact against program
- review of the amended construction program
- Process and advise on contract variations;
- Valuing variations independent to Principal and Contractor
- Resolve disputes
The process for achieving Practical Completion and the requirements of Practical Completion ensures the Principal is able to take full use of their facility from the date of Practical Completion
- Establish a clear process for Practical Completion
- Review Commissioning Plan and Program
- Review draft and final O&M Manuals, As-Built documentation and Warranties
- Defects Inspection and Close-out
- Practical Completion Inspection and Certification;
Defects Liability Period
The effective identification, management and close out of defects through the Defect Liability Period enhances the Principal and users’ experience of their facility.
- Establish a Defects Management Plan and System
- Schedule timely completion of all outstanding defects
- Review and confirm closure of all defects with the main contractor
- Defects Inspection and Close-out
- Final Completion Certification.
The combination of the expertise of our team, our diverse project knowledge and experience, and our excellent systems is confirmed by our client references. These can be supplied on request.
Project Superintendent Construction Projects
Red Cross Blood Service – Perth Processing Centre – Major Refurbishment
The Perth Red Cross Blood Service experienced significant increases in overall product throughput from changes to workflows and the introduction of new equipment. However, optimisation of work flows and processes from the introduction of lean manufacturing principles were yet to be applied and the layout was largely the result of the limitations.
Successful Projects role as Project Manager and Project Superintendent for the staged refurbishment of the existing building at 290 Wellington St, Perth. The objective is to align the control of blood collection, testing and dispatch services in Western Australia with the national Client brief and Therapeutic Goods Administration requirements. The role included extensive management of the interface of the works with a client that continued to occupy the building and provides a critical service to the Western Australian and National community. The building accommodates the functions of administration, collections, testing and processing of blood and blood products for the state of Western Australia.
Design Management, procurement and coordination of consultants, tendering of the works, award of contract, management and Superintendence of the works for each stage require an ongoing and dynamic commitment by the Successful Projects team.
Piara Waters Rossiter Pavilion
The Piara Waters (South) Rossiter Pavilion is a multi-purpose community facility featuring a main hall and clubroom with kitchens and serveries, a multi-purpose room, a meeting room, four change rooms, two universal toilets including a shower, BBQ and seating area together with a nature based playground and full size football/cricket field, spectator tiered seating and more than 100 parking bays.
Successful Projects were appointed Client’s Representative by the City of Armadale as Project Manager and Project Superintendent to deliver this major community project. We prepared the contract requirements for the procurement model (GMP and shared savings) and superintended the works from award of contract through to practical completion, including the defects liability period. We fulfilled the role to ensure the project was delivered in accordance with the contract. We assessed EOT claims, assessed variation claims, certified payments and managed the on-time delivery.
The project was completed to a quality level that won the award for 2018 Best Public Use Building at the Master Builders-Bankwest Excellence in Construction Awards ($5-$10 million range) and the best Public Building at the Building Designers Association WA awards in 2019.